Access to the Site
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and is compatible with the Site. We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us. You must ensure that any registration details you provide are accurate. If you choose, or you are provided with, a log-on ID (such as a username and password or other identifier) as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not reveal it to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your log-on ID and must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or other security breach of which you become aware. We reserve the right to disable any log-on ID, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or if any details you provide for the purposes of registering as a user are proved to be false. We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Site. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site.
What you are allowed to do
You may only use the Site for non-commercial use and only in accordance with these terms and conditions. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed before you access the relevant features, parts or content.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to:
- store pages of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the pages of the Site;
- remove or change any content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted; or
- create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent, although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the Site, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates. All rights granted to you under these terms and conditions will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors. Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms and conditions gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading content from the Site. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Site (only as permitted by these terms and conditions), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
We may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk. Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site (other than any user-generated content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information. We make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the Site and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using the Site or relying on any of its content. We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. We do not control the material submitted to Forums nor are Forums actively moderated. You are solely responsible for the content of your Postings as submitted by you and acknowledge that all Postings express the views of their respective authors, and not our views. If you participate in any Forum, you must:
- keep all Postings relevant to the purpose of the Forum and the nature of any topic;
- not submit any Posting that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party;
- not submit any Posting that contains any viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements;
- not submit any Posting containing any form of advertising; and
- not impersonate, or misrepresent an affiliation with, any person or entity.
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites. We have included links to these sites to provide you with access to information and services that you may find useful or interesting. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators.
Website Competition Rules
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded. Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses. Any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable. Subject to this, if you are a consumer and not a business user, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses and any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable, and if you are a business user, in no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect or consequential losses, or for any loss of profit, revenue, contracts, data, goodwill or other similar losses. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between us regarding them or the Site will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that, if you are a consumer and not a business user and live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England, the applicable law of that part of the United Kingdom will govern and any dispute will only be dealt with by the courts there. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you [register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information [or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download;
- Employment details if you send us a CV, resume or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes;
- Allow carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
- recognise you when you return to the Site;
- allow you to navigate the Site more quickly and easily;
- store your preferences;
- control how often users see similar online advertisements;
- estimate our audience size and patterns;
- Improve and update the Site.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site [, customers and sales] in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information. We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions. In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United States. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information [subject to a fee not exceeding £10.] You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.